According to the report «Assessment of the competitive environment of the market for hybrid cars and the forecast for 2019-2025», in the near future, no threat to green vehicles.
World Hybrid Car Market: Review
It is anticipated that the global market for hybrid and other "green" cars will continue to accelerate rapidly. The first factor that provokes this increase is the awareness by governments of many countries of the role of vehicles as one of the main pollutants of the atmosphere and of the catalysts of climate change. As a result, diesel engines have fallen into the "black list", hybrids and electric cars are fully supported, and the level of awareness among buyers is increasing.
- The growth of demand for hybrids is encouraged by automakers themselves. Leaders have offered alternative models for several years or decades. The newest, qualitatively better cars stimulate a global fleet renewal, which promises market leaders big profits.
- The requirements for greenhouse gas emissions are becoming tougher, and the use of a combined power plant allows them to meet their relatively low costs. The development of new internal combustion engines with the corresponding characteristics will cost much more.
- Hybrids are gaining popularity in the secondary market. The growing demand for "green" used cars stimulates the growth of prices for them. Hence - a lower loss for the first owner in the case of resale and, as a consequence, an additional incentive for sales growth in the primary market.
- The rapid development of the infrastructure of charging stations and the popularization of Plug-in type hybrids in the near future will lead to the fact that using an electric car or a "combined" car will become even cheaper and more convenient.
- Together with the growth of hybrid sales, electric vehicles will continue to grow more dynamically. As a result, sooner or later, the latter will dominate the market.
- Batteries will continue to improve and cheapen, which will only speed up the end of the ICE era. The negative scenario in which countries that control the stocks of raw materials needed for the production of batteries will also dictate their conditions and set high prices for resources. So at one time in the conditions of rapid growth of demand operated exporters of oil.
In many countries, in the next few decades, it is planned to completely abandon vehicles that operate only on fossil fuels. Thus, only in Europe and North America, during this time, will be realized at least several hundred million cars with alternative power plants. China, whose population is higher than in Europe and the United States combined, has already entered the race and has become the largest manufacturer of hybrids and electromobiles in the world (for the domestic market). Considering the potential of India, Brazil and other promising markets, the niche is too large for most automakers to fight.
According to a study that looked at the prospects for growth of regional markets, the Asia-Pacific region (China, Japan, India and others) is the clear leader in the near future. The result is explained by rising incomes and awareness of the local population, as well as the extremely difficult environmental situation in this region. North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa are forecasting an increase in the proportion of hybrid cars, but not on such a scale.
It is expected that first of all powerful companies that have the necessary resources will actively try to win their market share in the conditions of its intensive redistribution. In addition to Toyota, Volkswagen, BMW, Renault-Nissan, Hyundai and GM will play for the role of leaders. It is expected that manufacturers will unite their efforts to develop and promote their products, trying to catch up with the leaders.
In developed countries, more and more users prefer short and long-term car hire, companies are quickly responding locally. It is expected that this trend will be successfully adopted by emerging economies. As a result, more and more customers will first consider leasing or leasing, and only then acquire a car in the property.
Contact LeoDrive and order a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid to rent in Lviv to evaluate all the benefits of alternative vehicles in your own experience. Our professional services are always faster, easier and more reliable than car rental for an advertisement.